Github user cschneider commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cxf/pull/132#issuecomment-213348723

    I do not yet see a good case for limiting the number of retries as the cxf
endpoint or client would be unusable at this point. Can you elaborate how the
max retries would help in practice? Especially what would happen after the
retries are stopped. Btw. This might be something we could discuss on IRC. I am
always in the [channel #apache-cxf](https://cxf.apache.org/mailing-lists.html).

    1. Not sure I understand this case. Can you elaborate the steps that would
happen?
    2. I think the retry thread should run as long as the CXF endpoint is
active. My intention is that you can simply call shutdown on the Destination
which ends the retry thread. Interrupting a thread is not such a good idea to
achieve this.
    3. I agree to have the sleep there. I wrongly thought that this code would
also be run on the first connect.

---
with INFRA.
---