Yes, treating it like a MBR would work.  However, there needs to be a way
as you mention to make it go async.  I'm more trying to see if this is
already supported somehow.

There's a few ways I could see executor working:

- when building the proxy, include an executor() method (I think this is
already inherited from JAX-RS 2.1)
- use a property() call (already supported it seems in the core client)
- one of the method arguments on the proxy

John