There are 2 open issues with JAX-B-2.3.0 afair.
They are about broken equals handling for external bindings:

JAXB-687
https://github.com/javaee/jaxb-v2/issues/687
Should have been fixed, but actually isn't. Or only got applied to a specific
old branch (2.1.x)

JAXB-1124
https://github.com/javaee/jaxb-v2/issues/1124
I was asked to create a clone to target 2.2 and 2.3 lines.

JAX-B 2.2.5 seems ok-ish. But I'm still waiting for a 2.2.11 or 2.3.1.

My colleague Alex Falb and I already shipped a patch. But that seems to have
been lost in the JIRA to github migration :/

LieGrue,
strub