I have no issues. The DIDocument is effectively a degenerate DIComplex node.
Your suggested change makes it ever so slightly less degenerate, and only
temporarily during the lifetime of the repType quasi-element.

________________________________
From: Sloane, Brandon <bslo...@tresys.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2019 7:24:18 PM
To: dev@daffodil.apache.org
Subject: Multiple children of DIDocument

As you may have heard, I am working on the proposal to implement a
TypeValueCalc feature, where a simple type can be defined by its representation
type, describing how it appears in the bitstream, and some conversion functions
to translate that to a logical type. To implement this, I am creating a
quasi-element for the representation type that will get temporarilily inserted
into the infoset for just long enough to parse and extract its value, before
reverting the info set to its original state.

When this feature is used on the root element, this approach means that we must
temporarily add a second child to the DIDocument object that serves as the root
of the infoset. However, DIDocument currently asserts that it only ever has 1
child.

Does anyone forsee any issues in loosening this requirement to allow for a
DIDocument to have mulitple children? (the root field will be left as the first
child added).

Regards,

Brandon T. Sloane

Associate, Services