We actually use the sbt rat plugin, which is configured in the
project/Rat.scala file. So all of our excludes are in there, and can be
checked via "sbt ratCheck", with the rat report output in
target/rat.txt. Would it be preferred that we additionally maintain a
.rat-excludes so that people can manually run the rat tool?