I responded.

I checked the license to make sure it's compatible (BSD-3), but I didn't
actually check what versions of Scala it works with.

Looks like it is only published for 2.11, and the repo hasn't been
updated for at least 3 years. There is a 2.12.x branch in their repo,
but it too hasn't been updated in a long time. We might have to see how
much effort it would take to update that library, or perhaps find
another library.