So are you suggesting that the suspension that determines if a separator
should be laid down *also* determines and lays down necessary alignment?
So the grammar changes so that separators no longer include MTA during
unparse, and that instead is handled by the various separator unparsers
and the suspensions they create?

If if we come across other issues of nested suspensions the general
solution is likely to combine the separate suspensions into a single
suspension?