I hoping someone could give me some pointers on adding a warning message to the
Daffodil io code.
I'm looking at Daffodil-412 and want to generate a warning message when the
REGex search gets expanded and another if it exceeds the tunable for maximum
length.

I've located the code that does these expansions in
io/InputSourceDaraInputStream.scala, but I'm unsure how to generate the warning
messages.
I don't see any other warning messages being generated in the io code. I've
seen several instances in core that just use SDW(...) and others in DSOM that
use context.SDW(...), but I'm confused about this - I'm afraid that this method
buffers warnings and throws them away in the case of backtracking. Since the
REGex search may be the cause of backtracking, I think these warnings need to
be presented always.

I'm just not sure of the proper way to access SDW in this situation and need to
make sure that the messages will not be discarded.