> Does the process create SVRL files when it completes?

No, the svrl is consumed and converted into Daffodil diagnostics.

>  Is there a commandline option to direct the SVRL file to a specific path
and name?

It doesn't, but is a good idea and certainly could.  Passing a flag through
the validator config could trigger writing the file.

Probably be in a follow up PR.

> I'm curious of those type of tests will work with this process.

They should.  The first can be checked in a unit test that matches a byte.
The second one is similar to examples in the GIF schema
<https://github.com/DFDLSchemas/GIF/blob/master/src/main/resources/com/mitre/gif/sch/GIF.sch#L74-L76>.
That schema can be added in the PR unit tests, to go along with the BMP and
JPEG.