Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAFFODIL-2509
about adding these coverage exceptions uniformly for all the Assert.xyzzy where
it is applicable.
________________________________
From: Steve Lawrence <slawre...@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 12:45 PM
To: dev@daffodil.apache.org <dev@daffodil.apache.org>
Subject: Re: codecov - annotation to suppress false positives?

We use the sbt-scoverage plugin for generating coverage measurements
before sending them to codecov.io for display. It looks like this does
have a way exclude packages and sections of code:

https://github.com/scoverage/sbt-scoverage#exclude-classes-and-packages

So we could maybe do something like:

  foo match {
    case real1 => ...
    case real2 => ... r
    // $COVERAGE-OFF
    case thingy =>  {
      Assert.invariantFailed(".....msg...")
    }
    // $COVERAGE-ON
  }

To exclude the entire case that should never be hit?