This one line:

[error] Test org.apache.daffodil.example.TestScalaAPI.testScalaAPI2 failed:
expected:<0> but was:<1>, took 0.307 sec

For that test to fail an assertEquals, but only on one platform,... and it is
not reproducible. Is very disconcerting.

The test has exactly 3 assertEquals that compare against 0.

  @Test
  def testScalaAPI2(): Unit = {
    val lw = new LogWriterForSAPITest()

    Daffodil.setLogWriter(lw)
    Daffodil.setLoggingLevel(LogLevel.Info)

    val res = dp.parse(input, outputter)

    assertEquals(0, lw.errors.size)
    assertEquals(0, lw.warnings.size)
    assertEquals(0, lw.others.size)

    // reset the global logging state
    Daffodil.setLogWriter(new ConsoleLogWriter())
    Daffodil.setLoggingLevel(LogLevel.Info)
  }

So this test is failing sporadically because of something being written to the
logWriter (lw) that wasn't before.