>> Workflows will not run on pull_request activity if the pull request
> has a merge conflict. The merge conflict must be resolved first.

> I think users do just need to rebase and fix the conflicts.

But that means the comment history of the PR will be lost, as one will have to
force-push to the PR branch.

I am thinking we could fix our workflow to address this. I am not sure it is
worth it though.

When creating a bug branch, also create a "point of departure" branch for the
master branch point of departure.
E.g, to fix bug 5555 create daf-5555-master from master, and then daf-5555-bug
from daf-5555-master.

PRs are created for merging back to this departure branch (daf-5555-master) and
so will never have conflicts. So CI tests will always run.

Feedback on the changes would then be independent of any conflicts with ongoing
things merging to the master branch. Once all changes are complete, the changes
can be squashed and merged back to the point-of-departure branch
(daf-5555-master), and that branch can subsequently be rebased onto the master
branch, which would involve fixing all conflicts.

This is yet another step, and is only needed if a PR will be open and
outstanding long enough to require it, but that's something one can't
necessarily anticipate will be needed or not, so you'd have to just always work
this way.

I may try doing my next changes in this model.