Agreed that 3.6.0 makes sense. I'll start the release process today with that version.

On 2023-10-18 12:26 PM, Mike Beckerle wrote:
I withdraw my prior statement. I'm convinced by John's reasoning that 3.6.0
is a better choice.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 10:00 AM Interrante, John A (GE Aerospace, US) <
john.interra...@ge.com> wrote:

Yes, I have some C code generator changes that I haven't had time to
collect into a PR yet.  I would like to get them into this release, so they
don't have to wait for the next release.

The deprecation of relative schemaLocation outputs new warnings which I
think warrants a minor version bump.  A patch version bump implies to me
that I can upgrade without needing to change anything in my code.   If I
see new warnings, however, I'm going to change my code immediately to fix
the new warnings (to avoid adding to tech debt), so that means this release
isn't just a patch update.

I already had to add / to some schemaLocations in some schemas around here
after the change went in to fix these warnings, so I'm speaking from
experience.

John