I may have submitted this too late (I didn't get reminder emails about it)
so may have to resubmit in January.

Here's is what I submitted as our quarterly report:

The mission of Apache Daffodil is the creation and maintenance of software
related to an implementation of the Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
used to convert between fixed format data and more readily processed forms
such
as XML or JSON

## Project Status:
Current project status: The project is healthy based on ongoing activity and
releases. Daffodil version 3.6.0 was released on 2023-10-27.
The VSCode extension for Daffodil version 1.3.1 was released on 2023-09-12.

Issues for the board: none.

## Membership Data:
Apache Daffodil was founded 2021-02-16 (3 years ago)
There are currently 19 committers and 18 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Regis Thomas on 2023-07-31.
- No new committers. Last addition was Regis Thomas on 2023-08-01.

## Project Activity:
Collaboration with the Apache Drill project is ongoing and a draft PR of a
first cut integration of Daffodil and Drill now exists. It handles only flat
(row-like) data containing integers at this point, but represents a large
step
forward in integrating two large code bases.

Daffodil Version 3.6.0 contains important performance improvements in
Daffodil
unparsing (data serialization). It also supports the latest LTS Java (which
is
Java 21).

## Community Health:
Activity level is acceptable, end of calendar year is always slower, and our
metrics reflect that, but overall there is good participation.