If we can get 1065 (diagnostic file URLs fix) into the release that would
be great. It's worth waiting a day or two for this.

I think the layer changes should go into 3.8.0, which could follow fairly
closely behind 3.7.0 time-line wise,  but I'd suggest it is the only change
in that release perhaps since it is a breaking change for anyone using the
layers-extension API, which is an unofficial API, so not really supported,
but still some people (at my employer Owl anyway) are using it.

3.7.0 has some real performance improvements, and while we still have a
ways to go on that front, I think these are significant and we should get
them into people's hands.

It also has the changes to support the Apache Drill integration, which we
need released so that work can continue.