Here's the commit where the byte swap layer was originally added:

https://github.com/apache/daffodil/commit/ff2d3fb4144b99f2ff24e3dbd01608f8b02accef

That added a couple unit tests, but also added testFourByteSwapLayer, which now lives here:

https://github.com/apache/daffodil/blob/main/daffodil-core/src/test/scala/org/apache/daffodil/core/layers/TestLayers.scala#L590-L609

That one isn't TDML but has a schema, input data, and expected infoset, so could easily be converted to a TDML test.

On 2024-05-31 12:09 PM, Mike Beckerle wrote:
I can't find tests that actually use these layers.

I have found only unit test of the underpinnings of these (ex:
TestByteSwapStreams), but not an actual TDML/DFDL-based test.

Am I missing something? Is there a test of this elsewhere someplace?

Mike Beckerle
Apache Daffodil PMC | daffodil.apache.org
OGF DFDL Workgroup Co-Chair | www.ogf.org/ogf/doku.php/standards/dfdl/dfdl
Owl Cyber Defense | www.owlcyberdefense.com