On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Matthew Hayes
<matthew.terence.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love to do a release of 1.3.0 as soon as possible.  We've already
> got several new features and bug fixes since migrating to the new Apache
> repo.  How can we get started on this?

Great! First things first: somebody has to volunteer as a Release Manager (RM)
but it looks like you may just have done that ;-)

The other thing that I typically advise all incubating projects to do right away
is to start a HowToRelease wiki page capturing your experience for all the
RMs that will come after you. An excellent example of such a page to fork is:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WHIRR/How+To+Release

If anything on the Whirr how-to-release instructions doesn't make sense -- ask
away or google via site:apache.org

Thanks,
Roman.