I am writing a report using a BASE table in OpenOfiice 1.9.90.1. I simply need to display all rows in the following table and GROUP by ProductID, ie, "Select * from Sales, group by ProductID".

Sales Table

InvoiceNo        ProductID       Quantity    SalesPersonID
I1000                W1002            5       S1001
I1001                W1004            6       S1001
I1002                W1004            10      S1004
I1003                W1002            5       S1003
I1004                W1004            8       S1002
I1005                W1005            9       S1003
I1006                W1002            13      S1004
I1007                W1004            6       S1002
I1008                W1005            15      S1003

These are steps I took to produce the report:

Click the 'Reports' icon in the 'Database' panel. Click Wizard to Create Report' in the 'Tasks' panel. When the 'Report Wizard' window appears, go through the 'Steps' as necessary. The first step is 'Field Selection'. Select the table required from the 'Table or Queries' drop down box. In the 'Available Fields' box, highlight the field you require and click the right pointing arrow to bring that field into the form. To transfer several fields in one step, hold the 'SHIFT' key down and drag the mouse down (or use the down arrow on the keyboard) through the required fields. Use the double arrow to bring all the selected fields into the form. Hightlight 'Step 3 - Grouping'. Highlight 'ProductID'. Click arrow to select the field. Then 'Finish'. The results are shown below:

ProductID 0

InvoiceNo   Quantity    SalesPersonID

I1006          4          S1003
I1003         12          S1003
I1005         12          S1004
I1009          5          S1001
I1000          5          S1001
I1008          2          S1002
I1004          4          S1002
I1002         10          S1004
I1001          6          S1001
I1007         10          S1001

It appears the report started off in the right direction but lost its way somewhere. On closer inspection the rows are in the "GROUPed" by criterion in ascending order, but there is no heading for each group.

--
Regards

Philip Morgan

[EMAIL PROTECTED]