Hi Joerg,

> there are several issues, I think the most important ones are
>
> 1) integration of the driver into OOo

If somebody wants to drive this, I'd be glad to assist. We would first
need to create a CWS [1] to host the code, probably after some legal
review (since we're using external code/headers). I would care for the
latter, at least.

> 2) serial support on data insertion on tables without oids (could be
> done using the currval() function, but will involve a lot of work)
> 3) fixing some bugs
> 4) some communication effort ( the driver currently should be marketed
> as  beta quality, as beside one certain crash, there are no more known
> bugs anymore at the moment).

Before integrating the driver into the regular builds, you should find
the courage to admit that it's production quality :). Seriously, before
a CWS gets integrated into regular master builds, we should, in all
conscience, say that it's mature enough (however this is defined in
particular) for this step.

> 5) Adding user administration support (OOo-2.0 offers a useradmin gui,
> this is currently not supported sufficiently).

This, for instance, is somethig which could be done in a second step. A
missing support for user administration must not necessarily hinder the
integration of the driver as such.

> If you want some results within a resonable time span and the amount of
> money is not the problem [ :-) ], you might consider contacting Sun
> (Frank?), they certainly have or could quite easily build up the
> knowledge to support the driver.

I'm not sure that money would help here, either :), since we also have
more projects we want/must/like to do than we can ever realize. Of
course we will offer every needed support, but I don't feel we could do
major efforts, if they were required.

[1] http://tools.openoffice.org/dev_docs/OOo_cws.html

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -