Wong Onn Chee wrote:

Hi,

Just checking whether there are plans to provide MS Access mdb file support in the OO Base.
Thanks in advance.

You can already access data in an MDB file with the correct driver.
As for using forms / reports, no there are no plans to support this. It would require, for a start, full VB compatibility, which is certainly not planned.

It's possible that someone may create a converter to import objects such as forms into OOo - the MDBTools project seems to have a decent handle on the MDB file format, but the import would not be perfect, and I doubt whether this will ever happen anyway.

You can either redesign your forms in OOo, or better still, port your application to something like Gtk2-Perl: http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/ ... at least that's what I did. I've even got a bag of goodies for others who decide to do the same thing, at: http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis_not_evil - this will give you most of the functionality you need to replace Access.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer