Yes,

That made no difference.

What is interesting though, is that the RowSet.Command
= COMMAND doesn't even recognize the INSERT in this
form:

INSERT INTO table ([columns]) VALUES ([values])

At least it parsed the INSERT when in form:

INSERT INTO table VALUES ([values])

But then refused to executed saying it will only do
SELECT commands (just like the suite Query tool)! What
the heck, the SDK docs tell me that I can use RowSet
to modify the database(?)! ;)

I think I will have to rewrite my function using the
weird RowSet SDB type db access API, or use the
Statement interface.

Suggestions on which I should use: ResultSetUpdate, or
Statement? I'm familiar with SQL... but using
ResultSetUpdate would allow me to use non-SQL
datasources (right?).

Thanks,
Mike