Hi Marc,

I agree with what you are saying.

In my mind there are two features missing for dBase file usage. The ability
to "pack" which is the removal of records marked as deleted, and the
"reindex" command, which allows the user to reindex the file should it
become corrupt.

Both these features IMHO and based on my experience with dBase files in the
good old days, are required when working with dBase records.

I thought I would respond and in doing so, provide the terms which were used
with dBase type products. That is "pack" and "reindex".

I think these issues are worthy of an RFE if they not already been raised.

Hope this helps.

Kelvin Eldridge
Online Connections
www.onlineconnections.com.au