Hi,

I'm searching an API for changing the appearance of values in self built
strings for use in SQL statements to the right form.

For example:

"SELECT something FROM anytable WHERE afield=3.45"

In a german localized installation the value string is mostly

"3,45"

most other locales are using

"3.45"

If I want to make SQL strings myself and fire them from OO.o to a
connected DB this difference has to be detected and handled. At the
moment I have to ask the databases metadata for every single field what
type it is, have in mind what types are possible (decimal, float,
currnecy, ...) and do the right thing. That is a tedious and error prone
task.

How is it done inside OO.o and is there a publicly available
service/inteface for shrinking my code?

TIA,
Marc