Moin!
Hi!
This is my first contribute to dbs/OOOorg ;->

the DBA work upt toi 2.0.1 was nearly, perfectly, great work.

I recognized a Bug in the current dba Module.

Using a standard (ANSI SQL 92, ANSI SQL 99) Database like SapDB 7.3 ff,
(GPL/LGPL) Database or Later Version MaxDB (MySQL SapDB 7.6 = MaxDB),
is nearly perfect. Nearly all works fine, execpt dealing with primary keys using
"default serial" primary keys, the documentation to provide the correct syntax
for getting the correct next value ist somwhat "short" and not usable.

So, how it is possible to get auto-incremented cloumns working ?

I created a public Access for the Project members to test the explained
Problem:

Server:                 www.automatix.de
User:           OODBA
Password:       OOORG

Tables
OO_DEMO - all works fine, without AUTOINCREMENT
OO_DEMO_AUTOINCREMENT - strange behavior, see TEXT which I wrote into the table

Here is a OO DBA file for testing and playing around ...
http://sapdb.automatix.de/OODBA-www-automatix.de.odb

--------------------
Files, nessesary for Testing:
Client for Linux i386 (Libraries and ODBC Setup, using unixODBC, ca. 7 MB)
http://sapdb.automatix.de/sapdb-client-linux-i386.tgz

Alternative you can use the sapdb/maxdb clientpackage from your
distribution, needs additional unixodbc package.

--------------------
Further Downloads for Windows(tm) Environments and Other:
http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/sap_db_downloads.htm
ODBC Driver:
ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapdb/bin/win/odbc74-setup.exe
SQL Workbench for SapDB
ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sapdb/bin/win/sqlstudio74-setup.exe

Greetings from Norther Germany
        Jürgen

--
Jürgen Sauer - AutomatiX GmbH, +49-4209-4699, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Das Linux Systemhaus - Service - Support - Server - Lösungen