Hello,
My name is Joshua Kent I am a student and Middle Tennessee State University and I am very interested in working on HSQLDB and implementing support for a single-file storage method as proposed on the Open Office: Summer Of Code 2006 wiki page. I am emailing just to get some background information so I can begin looking at the code and determining if I would be able to complete this project with satisfactory results as well as learn as much as I can from this great opportunity. Can you could point me to any preliminary code and concepts that has already been started for this project and also any documents or articles on HSQLDB architecture. I have been developing Java based applications as a intern for Princeton University and have used HSQLDB with my work on the uPortal Project but I have little knowledge about the back end design of HSQLDB. Thanks so much for your time, I know you all are getting bombarded with these types of emails.
   Joshua Kent