Hi Mechtilde,

>>>If it is also possible under Linux, can someone give an step-by-step
>>>description.
>>
>>No, it isn't. There's a preliminary MDB driver for Linux, but it does
>>not yet have production quality in some respects.
>
> Is there a possibility of a  "quick and dirty" description only to read
> the table structure of *.mdb files to migrate them to OOo ;-)
> I install this tool and can't get a connection to a *.mdb file

The downloadable driver is not the latest and greatest, there is a CWS
being worked on by Fridrich Strba to put this into the regular builds.
[1] is a status page for this project. I hope I'll be able to put
preliminary builds of this CWS online next week, to get some feedback.
In this case, you can use those installations to copy the tables from an
MDB file.

[1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MDB_Driver_Integration

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -