Hi Pascal,

> According to the MailMerge documentation, I have to use a Selection of
> bookmarks from the data source.  The problem is : how can I create
> bookmarks ?  XRowLocate only contains methods to obtain bookmarks, but
> not to create them.

You cannot create bookmarks yourself, they're driver-provided. If you
have a result set which supports the XRowLocate interface, you can
collect bookmarks for the records you're interested in. By definition,
those bookmarks are interchangeable insofar as the given result set, and
every "dependent" result set created via XResultSetAccess understand
those bookmarks the same way: using moveToBookmark with one of those
sets is to guaranteed to move to the exact same record.

Note that the result set restriction is meant serious: You cannot expect
bookmarks from different result sets (e.g. two css.sdb.RowSet instances
created independently, but working on the same table) to be
interchangeable. By chance, they probably will be, but this isn't
guaranteed.

As a consequence, using the Selection property at the MailMerge service
does only make sense if at the same time, you also provide the ResultSet
property.

Note however that you do not necessarily need to specify the "Selection"
in the mail merge service. It's just *one* way to specify which records
should be included.
If you're not using a ready-made ResultSet to pass it to the MailMerge
service, but the DataSourceName/Command/CommandType properties, then it
might be an alternative to select the desired records via the Filter
property. For instance, adding a Filter "Identifier" LIKE 'BOR%' would,
in the pre-installed Bibliography database, limit the mail merge to
those records whose Identifier starts with BOR.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -