Hi Éric,

>>If I understood Michale properly (and I still did not find time to gid
>>into his problem deeper), he didn't use a query in a query. Instead, he
>>used a query as "data source" for database fields in a text document.
>
> Doesn't that boil down to the same?

No. From Writer's perspective, queries and tables are virtually the same
thing: A name to throw at an css.sdb.RowSet. For the row set, they're
also nearly the same: In the table case, a statement "SELECT * FROM
statement of the query is executed. From then on, there's no difference
anymore.
So, what Michael is doing does have nothing to do with queries in queries.

> The good test would be to try to do the same with some other database. If
> that
> works, then the KDE address book connecter is definitely the faulty
> component. Michel? Would you do that test?

If that works for other databases (Michael suggested something like
this), then the issue might still be in the driver, in that it behaves
subtely different than other drivers, and Writer cannot handle this.
Needs to be investigated whether this is a driver or a Writer issue then.
For this, Michael, I again encourage you to submit an issue and attach
the documents in question :)

> [ Putting on CC: the correct mailing list name (sorry). ]
[ I bounced your original mail to the list, so it's not lost :) ]

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Database                   http://dba.openoffice.org -