Hello,

I've been following OOo dba for some time, but still cannot say if the
following is possible:

let's have several independent sxc files, think "tables". The desired
thing is to look at them as if they are "sql tables" and run
queries on them.

In ideal scenario these would be defined "on the fly" - i.e. there could
be one "table" with a list of spreadsheets to open, then the db
application would read the list, open all the tables listed and process
data ..

Motivation for this is the ease with which spreadsheets can be used for
keeping and processing simple data sets - even by novice users. Then for
processing data e.g. gathered from several people, SQL would be handy.
Put the collected .sxc in one folder, run OOo dba app, get results. For
the moment read-only access to sxc would be enough.

Is something similar possible? If yes but it needs coding work, where
should one start looking - what parts need fixes/changes?

If you see some issues with this idea or better alternatives for
SQL-processing data from several .sxc files, please tell me. It needs to
be automated solution - just gather the data files, click, and see
results - manual importing is not an option.

Thanks,
--
jozef  :-)