Hi Peter,

> the following error occurs, if I save a table created with the designer:
>
> ORA-00906: left parenthesis missing
>
> I get the same hint, if I drag a HSQL table structure into an oracle
> jdbc db.

I suppose this is something about the driver returning wrong meta data.
OOo asks the driver whether the column types in the CREATE TABLE
statement need/allow parameters (e.g. "CREATE TABLE ... VARCHAR( 10 )
...") or not [1], and the error message you cite sounds like Base
decided to not use parameters for one of the types, but Oracle expects them.

I don't think there's an issue for this already, so please submit one so
we will at time investigate whether this is an Oracle/JDBC or Base issue.

Thanks & Ciao
Frank

[1] see the CREATE_PARAMS in
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getTypeInfo()

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -