Hi Jerry,

>>>I haven't had any luck on the user forum getting an answer to this
>>>question.
>>>Can you cc or reply to me if there is an answer, or if this is a bug?
>> Wild guessing: Does changing the ":x" to "?" improve the situation?
> I just tried that, with the same results.

Okay, just wanted to be sure that we don't have a driver here which
cannot use named parameters (":x"), but only unnamed ones ("?"), and has
some ... unusual form to tell about it.

In this case, I fear that's a driver insufficiency. From the statement
you quoted, the driver should well be able to determine the parameter
type (since it's used in a simple comparison with a column which type is
certainly known). Relying on the client to provide this information is
somewhat unusual at this place.

One thing you might want to do is to enable ODBC tracing. The logs might
give a hint whether Base is doing something unusual, too (e.g. pass the
parameter as wrong type, or something like that). Might be some small
chance ...

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -