Hi,

in my 2.3 debs I'll directly package the report builder extension in an
- -report-builder deb (which then obviously registers itself) since it
doesn't make sense to leave it out if it's built anyway during OOos
build, and if someone later wants to package it it needs to be done from
OOos source, too (otherwise it'd just be binary-only). Obviously,
because -report-builder is designed as an extension -base does not
depend on it.

Now, msc tells me that the librpt* files which end up in -base in the
"normal" install are just a no-op unless the report-builder extension is
installed, too. So I moved those also into -report-builder.

Now, I thought a bit about this and I can see two scenarios where I
currently will have a problem:

1: Admin installs -report-builder (which contains the extension and
registers it) and user gets a older/newer/the same version extension,
not knowing it's already installed and registers it. Which will get
precedence? The "new" one from the user?

2: (more importantly): If people install "openoffice.org" or
"openoffice.org-base" in my current solution there's no rpt* there.
So if people don't install -report-builder and register the extension
they got from somewhere themselves they probably can register it but it
won't work without rpt* (which is in -report-builder).

So, 1 is not really fixable (Mechtilde tells me there is thankfully a
warning for this case) but 2 is a problem and that's why I write this
mail.

Is there a way (without much hacks) to block the user register
reportdesign.oxt / sun-report-builder.oxt?
If not, I might just need to move librpt* back into base, but:

$ ls -lh /usr/lib/openoffice/program/*rpt*
- -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1,1M 2007-08-06 10:18
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/librpt680li.so
- -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 996K 2007-08-06 10:18
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/librptui680li.so
- -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 342K 2007-08-06 10:18
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/librptxml680li.so

.. that's the size and > 2 M on disk (in -base) just for a noop is not really
the best option either.

Ideas?

Regards,

Rene