Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi,

I've got a German Microsoft Access 2007 on WinXP Home. Now I try to connect to the example database "Nordwind.accdb".

Using "Microsoft Access" on the first step of the wizard, doesn't work, only .mdb-files are selectable.

Using "ADO" with provider "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider" is not possible, connect only to .mdb-files.

Using "ADO" with provider " Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLE DB Provider" is possible. I can see the tables, but they are all readonly.

Using "ODBC" works with "Microsoft Access Database" Version 12.00.4518.1014, which is ACEODBC.DLL. With ODBC I can write the tables.

MS queries are converted to OOo views, same as it does for .mdb-files.

Do you observe the same, or do I miss something?

kind regards
Regina

Hi Regina,

Pretty much the same here.

The only difference - I created a blank accdb file with Access.
Attched via OLE DB 12 with Base.
I can create tables in Base.
I can not add any data to those tables.
When I go back to Access and open the database the tables are created properly.
Auto increment fields are set to incrment
PK is set to be the primary key.

Otherwise, I have the same results as you have.