Howdy Swarup,

Well, I was not as clear as I might have been on that then.

Using a table grid control on a form you have control over the display of the
tables fields.
You can choose to not display a particular field in the table for instance.
You can rearrange the order of the fields on the table for display.
You can NOT alter the structure of the table, to do that you must use the table
property editor found in the Tables section.

This is similar again to how MS Access works. In the table view you can
rearrange the order of the fields, but to add a field to table itself you must
switch into design mode.

For for example. Let's say that you created a table, began using it and then
realized you needed to add a new field. You would like that field to display in
the third position in the table.

You would go to the Tables section in Base and open the table in edit mode.
This brings up the property editor. You would add a new field, but this field
will be added to the end of the table. That is the only choice you have at the
moment using the GUI. After saving your edits if you opened the data view
window on the table ( double clicking the table name for instance ) the order
of the fields displayed is identical to the order they hold in the physical
table.

However if you instead return to your form, open it in edit mode and select the
grid you would do this.
Right mouse click on the table grid's header. On the context menu that opens
you select 'Show Columns'. The newly added field in the table will be listed.
You select it - again it is added to the end of the fields. But here you can
drag it to the third position and then save the form. From now on when you open
the form for data editing the order of the fields will be what you wanted.

Drew