Am Freitag, den 22.08.2008, 13:44 +0200 schrieb Fernand Vanrie:
> Can hard coded or styled  formated text  out off a writer doc been
> stored in OO base and then been used to be placed in a new writerdoc.
>
> - witch data type ?
> - how to enter ?
> - how to reproduce in a form ?
>
> thanks for any hint

As far as I know this is not possible in a direct way (but it has been a
long time since I tried sth. like that, so what I tell you may be wrong
today).

Writer has no API for handling arbitrary pieces of multiple paragraphs
*and* formatting - I call them "complex text snippets" in the following.

There are some workaround possibilities, though:

getting complex text snippets from docs

- the clipboard does handle complex text snippets
- given that, you can seperate complex text snippets via clipboard into
*a new writer doc*

putting complex text snippets into docs

- (only) a complete writer doc can be inserted by ".insertDocFromUrl()"
- maybe the insertion can be done by giving a model in the media
descriptor to ".insertDocFromUrl()"

Some more aspects:

Although there is no generally usable API writer *can handle* complex
test snippets, I did not write an issue for this, but the
AutoText-Feature deals exactly with this type of data (transferring can
be done by creating a temporary autotext entry sometimes).

RTF format could be a candidate of text data type for use with databases
because it is a mix of text and formatting in strings (fitting inside
varchar() fields).

My personal favour would be reusing the AutoText-code for creating some
services handling complex text snippets. This would allow for putting
them into blob fields in databases and back into writer docs but mabe
would be helpful in other parts of OO.o, too.

All use cases I can think of currently are using OLE style transfer,
even on non-windows OS where OO.o's internal OLE is used. Any time a
complex text snippet is put inside another document type (calc sheet,
drawing) this technique is applied.

HTH anyway,
Marc