Hi,

the driver should be buildable in OOo-2 build environment. You just need to build the office code up to offuh and cppuhelper, afterwards the driver should build as explained at

http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/index.html#source

I may sooner or later have a look to integrate into the Tools/Extensions/Update mechanism, this is doesn't work for any platform up to now.

Bye,

Joerg

Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
Dear list,

I have used the PostgreSQL SDBC driver for a while ...on x86 machines. I
currently use a new laptop with an Intel Core2 Duo. Consequently, I
installed Ubuntu Hardy amd64. This distribution has a
openoffice.org-sdbc-postgresql package, which is 0.7.5, and no update
yet to 0.7.6.

The links posted on
http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/index.html point to zip
files containing 32-bit shared libraries (and 32 bit Windows libraries,
BTW), uninstallable on a 64-bit distribution. (Yes, I've checked that
the Ubuntu package install 64-bit code...).

Rebuilding this package seems to entail rebuilding the whole
openoffice.org (i. e. about 50 packages needing about 70 new tools, and
a multi-gigabyte affair, last time I tried). A bit stiff for  laptop...
According to what I read on the driver age, rebuilding just the zip file
seem to entail  whole OOo 1.x build environment. Yayy !...

Would it be possible to have  updated amd64 versions on the Web page
and/or accessible by the "Tools/Extensions/Update" tool on the OOo
interface. It works *well* on x86 installations, and amd64 should be no
different (64-bit platforms are still a minority, thanks to the
incompetence of Microsoft, but are probably the future. No reason to
tolerate them being treated as second-class citizens...).

Sincerely,

                                        Emmanuel Charpentier