Fernand Vanrie wrote:
Hallo Drew, Frank

We have developed a a implementation as described by Drew, wath sould be the best practice at this day to keep or users a far as possible from our Tables etc.. Second question: waths the actual situation of having macro's in the base document (OO 3.0) it self ?
Greetz

Hello Fernand ,

Embedded macros. The current development builds for OO.o 3.1 (DEV300_m37) includes both macro libraries being embedded in the ODB file, versus the individual forms, and supports document events (open document, etc) for the ODB file.

I suppose only the release team can say for sure what feature makes it into what release, but the my personal use of the development build and the issues in the bug tracking system would give me a fairly high confidence level that they will make it into that release. Frank would be the definitive source form the development team of course.

The 3.1 code also includes a migration wizard - so if you have files now with macros embedded in forms these are automatically transfered into the parent odb file space by using the wizard.

Timing wise then *I think* 3.0.1 is due to ship in early January which would then make 3.1 sometime April/May 2009, I suppose. ( both an "I think" and a "I suppose" in one sentence - so take that as a good reminder that I am just an observer to his process)

Anyway - you can find the DEV300_m37 on any of the extended download mirrors listed on the main web site if you want to get a jump on testing your project.

As for what you can do TODAY - kind of depends on which database engine you are using. Are you using the embedded HSQL database, and not MySQL or another remote server type?

Best wishes,

Drew