Hi Rob,

> I wonder if you can help me. I am trying to read an Access 2007 database
> from OpenOffice 3.1 on a computer running MS Windows Vista SP2
>
> I am getting an error "The connection to the data source xxxx could not
> be established. Function sequence error"

Unfortunately, "Function sequence error" is some generic error message
which barely tells anything, except that the driver is not in the state
it expected to be.

If you have sample .accdb and .odb files, and submit an issue, attaching
those files, we can investigate the problem.

> I have researched the internet to find that I need to install "2007
> Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components" from
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en

(If you hadn't installed those, you should have got another error
message. Hmm.)

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -