I see that if a JDBC driver returns false for supportsCoreSQLGrammar
then we don't provide any primary key setting support in base's UI.

One example is the postgres-jdbc driver which returns false for that
(but true for supportsANSI92EntryLevelSQL and for
supportsMinimumSQLGrammar). As a quick test, I see that for this
particular driver hacking supportsCoreSQLGrammar to true and going on to
create primary keys works fine.

What I'm finding kind of hard though to find out though is if jdbc
drivers should only be assumed to support setting primary keys if
supportsCoreSQLGrammar is enabled and OOo is totally correct in what it
does, and its a matter for postgres-jdbc to support it to get this to
work.

Or if OOo is looking for more than it needs, e.g. some variation on
supportsMinimumSQLGrammar || supportsCoreSQLGrammar ||
supportsANSI92EntryLevelSQL is sufficient to enable setting primary keys
or even if jdbc drivers should always be assumed to support setting
primary keys ?

C.