Hi Peter,

> in m58 and in former installations I cannot connect to a ldap datasource
> if a password is required.
>
> Without password the connect succeeds.
>
> Maybe it has something to do with the name of the user:
>
> CN=install,OU=Admins,OU=xxx .... DC=de
>
> I tried the user/pw authentication with Thunderbird Addressbook and
> LDAPExplorerTool2 without any problems.
>
> So the problem is on oo side?

Probably yes :-\

You submitted an issue for this, but neither from the issue nor from
this mail here I get whether it ever worked for you ...? That is, we
upgraded the underlying code which provides LDAP access in m53 (IIRC),
and if this is the version where it stopped working for you, than that's
a regression in that code (SeaMonkey 1.1x, as opposed to stone-aged
Mozilla 1.7.x), or in the way how we use it.

Perhaps this issue is a good chance to get rid of the LDAP-via-Mozilla
implementation, and write a dedicated LDAP driver, which directly uses
OpenLDAP or some such ... (desired for years, not implemented for the
same time)

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -