On 2/9/2010 5:03 PM, Frank Schoenheit, Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hi Drew,

I have a query:

SELECT "COL1" AS "ALIAS" FROM "TABLE"

Now I am handed a dataform in a routine and I need to find the column
names in the table, not the alias.

depending on which column object you have ... there might be a property
RealName, though I do not know, out of my head, at which col objects it
is available. So, try ControlModel.BoundField.RealName.

Nope - realname doesn't show up as a property for anything I can find.

That includes the query composer.

I thought there was a way to get this and realname sounds like it, but its gone as far as I can see.

Drew