> Ocke knows more about this, but I suspect the PQ driver might deliver
> that column's name as BestRowIdentifier, which might tempt our RowSet to
> use it in some kind of "SELECT * FROM <table> WHERE ctid=?" statement
> (for re/fetching rows).

If so, that's rather problematic.  The CTID is a physical pointer ID,
and as such can change out from under a current session if there are
concurrent updates.  Using the CTID to grab rows could result in errors
or even seeing expired data.

Aside from the fact that CTIDs are completely unindexed.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.