Hi Martjin,

Actually, we found a very similar issue in our apps at work.  We have some
machines w/ IE8, others with IE9 and IE10.  For some reason, IE8 was
downgrading to IE7.  Found that there was a browser setting causing it to
render all intranet sites in "compatibility mode."  Thanks MS!  We're not
using a JSF front end, instead bootstrap + backbone + lots of other jquery
goodies.  As far as  i know, this isn't something the app can fix (in fact,
when I tried putting in headers to fix it, I was able to fix it locally but
not when it was running on our QA machines).

John