yes and no, depend what you do of it, the point is if you base your
app on CDI (as much as possible I mean) and it starts to be common,
you can put logic in these producers, typically wrapping of
requests/responses (can be easier than using filters) and in this case
this is often not 1-1 replacement. I know it is doable but needs to
update the app and can break "big apps" where you aggregate multiple
parts.

Having a namespace should be a best practise IMHO.
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau