Reading the stacktrace, I see the WeldExtension which is a part of deltaspike-core-impl can't find the WindowBeanHolder bean. That is however expected, because the bean is not a part of the deployment. If you try making your deployment a WAR with a test jar and add the deltaspike core archive as a library, as it is in other tests, it works.

I'm not sure why the extension gets picked up even when the deltaspike core archive is not a part of the deployment, but I guess it has something to do with the way the Embedded Weld Arqullian container works, and that DS is on the classpath.

I wouldn't consider this a problem of the DS testsuite, the reproducer doesn't seem like a real example as it doesn't bundle DS anyway. Also, it surely isn't related to Weld or DS version, I tried combinations of DS 0.5 / 0.6 and Weld 2.1 / 2.2 / 1.1 and it all behaved the same.

Regards,
Ron