Hi Gerhard,

I compared to 1.4.1 because that's the last known good version, 1.4.2 broke my application already (DELTASPIKE-965),

After some analysis, I believe the "new regressions" I reported yesterday were introduced in 1.4.2 and not in 1.5.0 - I wasn't able to see them with 1.4.2 due to that first blocker (or maybe I should have looked more closely).

The point is, the behaviour of EntityRepository.save() has changed in an incompatible way which is likely to break some other applications (not just mine).

I now change my vote to +1, seeing that this 1.5.0 candidate is an improvement over 1.4.2, but that does not mean that all is well - we need to sort out a couple of issues related to save().

I'll start a separate thread on that, to keep the discussion focused.

Regards,
Harald