> On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 11:34 AM Thomas Andraschko <
> andraschko.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > not sure if a cdi2-module is enough
> > we should also get rid of some of our api's which are in CDI 2.0 now
> >

> Yes.  I agree.  Basically, one sticking target I see continually is
> BeanManagerProvider.  Maybe we keep it around as a utility and for
> backwards compatibility, but its now available as CDI.current(), to do
> programmatic look up.

we delegate on CDI 1.1 already so it doesn't hurt

> In addition, there are features like manual injection of fields, which
> could be replaced by Unmaanaged.  I know as a user of CDI 1.2, seeing both
> available makes me confused, but its because we didn't make a DS version
> that was CDI 1.1+ compatible.

we can still extract these "core" part in a module on the main branch

Personally I see it as making DS a bit more modular (even if main
dependencies are still bringing back the same "stack"). But typically
having core-cdi1, config, scope etc... is very seducing, whatever version
we target, and would also solve the cdi 2 issue, no?