Marc Boorshtein wrote:

one thing occured to me.  how do the "for profit" linux distros do it?
just about every linux distro includes bdb.  I wonder if there is a
licensing loophole for that?

Good point there has to be some sort of exception here. I was specifically thinking about subversion and how others are embedding it into their applications. Hope the email to Sleepycat sheds some more light - let's see what they say.

Cheers,
Alex

marc