Trustin Lee wrote:

On 5/22/06, Noel J. Bergman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Joe,

> As we have told people on many occassions, DO NOT USE HOST NAMES.

> Since you x-posted this to infra

Actually, I just replied to it.  The other copies posted by Trustin hadn't
hit all the lists.

> this rule doesn't always apply.  Maintaining hosts is different
> from providing public-facing services.

Agreed. :-) In the context of his inquiry, we are talking about
public-facing services.  We may want to create some name, e.g.,
repository.apache.org, for some of these uses.

+1!  The name sounds very good.

I think that we'll still have the problem w/ redirects and Maven, no?

Regards,
Alan