On 11/27/10 6:49 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecha...@apache.org>wrote:

On 11/27/10 2:32 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:

Atm I'm reviewing what we have done, and try to clean up the thing, as the

code we wrote at the end is different from what we started with, as we
improved the process a lot. There are a few points I think worth
discussing.

- The loggers. Currently, we use a per class logger. I think it's
inaccurate, as we won't be able to group all the logs for a specific
protocol in one single logger. Of course, if we want to disable the codec
logs, we can always do that by filtering on the package, but I think we
could also decide to generate all the logs into one single logger, called
"CODEC". wdyt ?

  IMO this should be the way to go, how about KRB-CODEC
That won't work, as the classes are shared with the LDAP codec and all the
controls codec...

You know what might help is a mapped diagnostic context (MDC). You can use
context information in these codec classes to report what it's being used
for and filter logs accordingly.
That's something we can do when we enter into the decoder, adding either "LDAP" or "KERBEROS" or any needed name, as soon as we have a way to specialize the logs and get everything associated with Kerberos decoding in the same set of logs.

If MDC solve the problem, then let's go for MDC. I have currently no idea how it really works. If someone want to experiment, I'll be please to use something better than a purely static name...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com